A former stylist for “American Idol” host and KIIS 102.7 FM morning host Ryan Seacrest on Monday accused him of sexual misconduct, although Seacrest denied the accusations last November.
Suzie Hardy told Hollywood publication Variety that Seacrest sexually harassed her for six years, starting in 2007, when she became his personal stylist at E! News.
E!, a unit of Comcast Corp, conducted an internal inquiry into her accusations but said in January that it had found insufficient evidence to support her claims.
Seacrest’s lawyer Andrew Baum said on Monday that Variety’s decision to run Hardy’s story was upsetting, according to Reuters.
Baum said in a statement that Hardy had previously asked for money to stay silent. “They (Variety) were told that the accuser threatened to make those false claims against him unless he paid her $15 million,” he said.
“At that time, the claimant threatened to issue a demonstrably false press statement unless she was paid. Instead, my client proactively and publicly denied the claims and agreed to fully cooperate with E!’s investigation about the matter.”
ABC did not immediately reply to a request for comment on Monday. Hardy’s lawyer did not reply to a request for comment on Variety’s account.
Hardy’s interview with Variety on Monday marked the first time she was identified and details of her claims were revealed. Hardy, whose employment ended in 2013, said she felt the E! investigation was incomplete and one-sided.
E! said in a statement on Monday that its investigation by an outside lawyer was “extremely comprehensive and thorough” and that “any claims that question the legitimacy of this investigation are completely baseless.”