According to MediaPost, the study, by creative agency Anatomy, finds this demo's awareness of broadcast and OTT brands is poor.
Other study findings include:
- 58% of young Millennials learn about new programming directly through friends and family or on social media. They are less likely to recall advertising in discovering new TV programs.
- Netflix yielded the highest brand awareness scores in comparison to other OTT platforms and broadcast networks, with 65% of young Millennials matching Netflix programs to the Netflix brand. In contrast, only 31% of young Millennials matched ABC, CBS, and NBC programs to their respective brands. Amazon programs were only linked with Amazon 20% of the time, and Hulu came in at 15%.
- Brand awareness scores are positively correlated with screen touchpoint rankings. The study analyzed broadcast and OTT network brands across six dimensions (on-air promotion, Web, mobile, SEO, Facebook, and digital ads) in order to rank each brand’s performance. Netflix yielded the highest screen touchpoint ranking and brand awareness score.
- Facebook engagement is strongly correlated with higher brand awareness scoresamong broadcast networks and OTT platforms. Higher Facebook engagement on branded posts strongly correlated with higher brand awareness scores.
- The 12 p.m. to 3 p.m. ET time frame generates 236% more engagements on Facebook than other publishing windows. On average, posts published during this window generated twice as much engagement than posts published at other times of day.