Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Glenn Beck Recalls Meeting Casey Kasem

Glenn Beck
After it was revealed that the whereabouts of former “Top 40″ radio host Casey Kasem are unknown, Glenn Beck reflected on the influence the legendary broadcaster has had on the nation and on his own career.

“I remember the first time I met Casey Kasem, right after we joined [Premiere Radio Networks],” Beck said on his radio program Tuesday. “I’m walking into Premiere Radio, and I see Rush Limbaugh’s Los Angeles studios. I see Dr. Laura’s studios … all these amazing legends.”

Beck said when he walked around a corner and saw Kasem’s studios, though, it was like he was a “12-year-old kid all of a sudden.”

Beck recalled childhood instances when he wouldn’t go out with friends so he could stay home and listen to Kasem. He said Kasem was “very gracious” when he was able to meet him in 2001.

No comments:

Post a Comment