Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Little Richard Discloses Heart Attack

Little Richard
Last night in Atlanta, Little Richard joined Cee Lo Green onstage for a Recording Academy fundraiser, where the topics ranged from MC Hammer to the Ten Commandments and pancake makeup. And according to Rolling Stone, the two also talked about a recent health scare.

"The other night, I didn’t know I was having a heart attack," Little Richard admitted to the crowd about an incident he says happened just last week. "I was coughing, and my right arm was aching. I told my son, 'Make the room as cold as ice.' So he turned the air conditioning on, and I took a baby aspirin. The doctor told me that saved my life. Jesus had something for me. He brought me through."

Toward the close of the evening, Little Richard turned to his spiritual philosophies. "God talked to me the other night," Richard said. "He said he's getting ready to come. The world's getting ready to end . . . and He's coming, wrapped in flames of fire with a rainbow around his throne." Some of his apocalyptic prophesies garnered snickers as well as cheers from both Cee Lo and the audience, but Richard seemed stubbornly sincere. "When I talk to you about God, I’m not playing," he said. "I'm almost 81 years old. Without God, I wouldn’t be here."

No comments:

Post a Comment