Monday, July 1, 2013

B'more Radio: Mickey Cucchiella Departs Rock 98

Mickey Cucchiella, co-host of the morning show on WIYY-FM98 Rock, says he is leaving the station after 7+ years as a result of depression he's been struggling with the past year.

In a video that runs 7:54, Cucchiella says, "I just want to take this time to talk to everybody and explain a couple of things. Number one, I won't be doing the show any more. I'm heartbroken by it, and it's something I will certainly miss.



"... The last year or so, I've been battling pretty badly with depression. It's getting better at times, but it's also pretty sad at times... I've been through a lot... Between the death of my mother and the eventual separation and then eventual divorce from my wife, I've just never gotten back to where I was."

Dave Hill, the station's program director, told the Baltimore Sun, "He's got a lot of personal things in his life that have just taken a toll, and we agreed with his decision."

Hill was vague about what the new show scheduled for a July 8 debut would involve and whether it would include Amelia Ryerse and Josh Spiegel, the current co-hosts.

Details are yet to be worked out.

Between now and July 8th, the station will feature a music show, "Mobcast," with listeners picking the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment