Thursday, March 28, 2013

Book On Radio's "Luther" Celebrates 72-Year Career

WRCBtv.com | Chattanooga News, Weather 

The longest running broadcaster in the history of the world is celebrated in a new book: "My Life With Luther" by James Howard.

Howard, part of the WDEF Sunny 92.3 FM radio morning show for the past twenty years, wrote the book to honor Luther Masingill, his co-worker and a recent inductee into the National Radio Hall of Fame.  "Luther has been such an inspiration to all of us in the radio business," Howard said. "But even more importantly, he's a hero to thousands of people who have started their day with him since 1940."

Appearing on WRCB-TV's "3 Plus You" program Wednesday, the man known to his fans as "Luther" said, "I still look forward to going to work each morning. People ask me if I have any plans to slow down, but I don't know what that means."

No comments:

Post a Comment