Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Orlando's XL Hires Laura Diaz For 'Johnny's House'

CHR AM Drive show Gets New Branding

Clear Channel Radio’s XL106.7 FM announced today the launch of a new era in Orlando morning radio show, Johnny’s House!

"I love the new name of the show, Johnny's House. This may sound corny, but I’ve always felt that everyone who listens to our show is family," said Johnny Magic, XL106.7’s veteran morning show host. "Family is always welcome in my house."

Brian Grimes, the morning show’s co-host and producer, is one of the funniest guys in Orlando radio.
Comedian, father and husband, Grimes brings his sarcasm and quick wit to Johnny’s House.

"When you have a guy like this on your team all you can do is win-win-win," said Magic.  "I’m proud that Brian will continue to be a key member of our show."

Additionally, XL106.7 announced that Laura Diaz has now officially joined the morning show, as co-host, after a successful five year run as morning anchor on Orlando CBS TV affiliate Local 6-WKMG.

"Laura brings a youthful energy and Latin flair.  Adding her to the show is a dream come true for me,” said Magic.  “Here is a woman that was just a few years away from doing network news, but chose to make a major change and join our show.  She’s the perfect fit.”

Born and raised in Orlando, and a University of Florida alum, Diaz is proud to join Magic and Grimes for XL106.7’s morning show’s next chapter.

"I may age Johnny when I say this but I've been a huge fan and listener for two decades!  To work alongside him now is surreal,” said Diaz. "I never imagined myself doing radio and now after working with this crew for just a month, I can't imagine not doing it. I'm the happiest I've ever been. I get to stay in my hometown and continue to give back to the community in an even bigger way than I was before."

No comments:

Post a Comment