Wednesday, January 5, 2011

WABC-TV's Heidi Jones Charged

Reported fake park attack story

WABC-TV weatherwoman Heidi Jones stood silently before a judge Wednesday as she was formally charged with falsely telling cops a mystery man attacked her in Central Park, according to a story at nydailynews.com.

Wearing a black skirt suit and burgundy patent leather pumps, Jones did not utter a word as prosecutors told Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Lynn Kotler Jones faces two misdemeanors - and up to a year in prison - for the alleged snow job.

The criminal complaint filed in the case says Jones, who sometimes fills in on "Good Morning America," came clean to investigators 12 days after her initial statement.

"I did make this up. I made it up for attention. I have so much stress at work, with my personal life and with my family. I know there is no justification for it," Jones told cops Dec. 13, according to the court papers.

Read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment