Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ted Meets His Mom

Ted Williams, who has become an overnight sensation after the Columbus Dispatch posted a clip of him demonstrating his voiceover skills while begging by the side of the road, reunited with his mother Thursday afternoon, according to CBSNews.com.

"Hi mommy," said Williams, 53. "You always told me to pray, and I've been praying, mommy."

Julia Williams was clearly worried about her son's history with drugs and alcohol.

"Please don't disappoint me," she said.

"I'm not mommy," he said. "I'm through with all that."

Julia Williams teased her son for talking about her age on television.

"God did this, mommy," said Williams, pointing out that he was wearing the only set of clothes he owned - but noting he had recently gotten a haircut. "I was praying that my mother was staying around long enough to see me."

Williams told his mother of some of his job offers, including how he recorded a commercial for Kraft Macaroni & Cheese that will air on ESPN during the Fight Hunger Bowl on Sunday.

More of their reunion will be broadcast Thursday on the "CBS Evening News" and the "Early Show" Friday morning.

Read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment