Thursday, June 1, 2023

Boston Radio: Fred Toucher MIA From 98.5 The Sports Hub


Rich Shertenlieb, cohost of 98.5 The Sports Hub’s highly rated “Toucher and Rich” morning program, offered a cryptic update Wednesday on partner Fred Toucher, who has not been part of the show this week after posting some alarming comments on social media over the weekend.

The Boston Globe reports the messages that Toucher posted on social media Saturday and Sunday have since been deleted.

“As you know, Fred isn’t here today, he wasn’t here yesterday, and he most likely won’t be here tomorrow. And a question I’ve gotten a few times is, ‘Why aren’t you talking about Fred?’

“That is more than a fair question. It’s something that … you’ve been fans of the show for years and you’d like to know what’s going on. The best answer I can give you is that I unfortunately can’t talk about Fred because any statement that I make right now has to be approved through management.

Shertenlieb addressed Toucher’s absence during the third hour of Wednesday’s show. Here are his comments in full starting at Time Mark 40:10:

“I don’t want to continue to talk about it because I think saying maybe even this gets me a meeting. But I just want you to know that we want the best for him. Hopefully everything will be back to normal soon. I don’t know how much more I can say. But, we’re rooting for you, Fred. If you’re listening, we’re rooting for you.”

Sports Hub program director Rick Radzik said via email that he had no comment on Toucher’s status.

The “Toucher and Rich” show dominates the ratings in sports radio’s desired demographics, having received a 25.6 share in the most recent Nielsen Audio Ratings. But the show has been dealing with periodic tumult.


No comments:

Post a Comment