Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Hannity Talks About Carlson Leaving Fox News


Fox News host Sean Hannity said he’s not sure why former fellow host Tucker Carlson departed the network and appeared to suggest that he didn’t believe it was a good idea, reports The Epoch Times.

For years, Hannity’s 9 p.m. ET show would follow Carlson’s timeslot. Carlson was among the highest-rated cable news personalities before Fox News announced his departure in a news release on Monday.

“It’s very hard,” Hannity said during his “The Sean Hannity Show” radio program. “My phone has been blowing up all day. The hard part for me is I don’t have a clue … I have no idea. Was it Tucker’s decision? Was it Fox’s? Was it a mutual agreement that they had? I don’t know.”

“I guess people think that because I’ve been there the longest that I’d have some knowledge or understanding of what’s going on, but … I just don’t,” Hannity added. “For those who think I should, I say to those people: ‘I don’t own the company.’”

Hannity’s show premiered in 2009, while Carlson’s started in November 2016. But Carlson quickly climbed in the ratings and as of March 2023, Carlson averaged well over 3 million viewers per show, according to Nielsen data.

Fox announced Carlson’s exit in a statement that read: “Fox News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways. We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor.” A spokeswoman for Fox News has not responded to a request for comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment