Monday, February 7, 2022

Annapolis Radio: Bob Waugh Ready To Sign-Off At WRNR

Bob Waugh
After a 43 year career, longtime Program Director and On Air Host, Bob Waugh, has announced he will be hanging up his headphones and signing off at the end of the month at the iconic AAA WRNR 103.1 FM in the Annapolis market.

“It’s been a pretty wild ride, and definitely a satisfying career,” Waugh commented. “I am so grateful for all the relationships I’ve had and still have with some of the most influential people in the industry, and for the opportunity to forge friendships with a wide range of artists from Brandi Carlile to Elvis Costello. It was always my love of music that drove me to radio… never the other way around.”

Waugh started his career at WLIR on Long Island in 1978 and was a key player and air personality in developing the station that “Dared To Be Different.” In 1985, he moved to K-Rock New York and hosted a weekend/overnight swing shift, preceding the Howard Stern Show. 1991 brought Waugh to Washington D.C.’s legendary and critically acclaimed alternative radio station, WHFS, where he became Music Director/APD and initially hosted the morning show.

He joined Steve Kingston’s WRNR as OM/PD in 2004.

Waugh mentions “I have some important family obligations that I need to focus on. I also want to take some time off to travel with my daughter before she begins college in August. But after a short hiatus, I expect to return to the fold in a new broadcast and media capacity of which I am very excited. This is surely not the end of my radio career but rather the beginning of a brand new chapter.”

Bob’s last day at WRNR is 2-22-22. He can be reached at bobwaugh57@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment