Thursday, June 17, 2021

Boston Radio: Bex EXITS Kiss 108


A co-host of Kiss 108′s popular radio show “Matty in the Morning” is leaving the station, only a few weeks after being subjected to the on-air wrath of host Matt Siegel.

Co-host/executive producer Rebekah “Bex” Maroun announced on Wednesday that she would be leaving Kiss 108 to move home to her native Philadelphia.

“When I moved to Boston, I wanted to make it home, and I wanted to be here, and spend the rest of my life here,” Maroun said. “And honestly, when COVID hit, everything in my life sort of changed. I realized how much I missed my family and my friends and being surrounded by the people that I wanted to be close to.

Before arriving at Kiss 108 in October 2018, Maroun previously spent six years in Philadelphia media, most prominently as a host/producer for Entercom’s 96.5 TDY.

Maroun’s departure caps a turbulent month for “Matty in the Morning.” On May 19, Siegel walked off the show and threatened to quit after claiming station management told him to tone down his commentary on pop star Demi Lovato, who had come out as non-binary.

No comments:

Post a Comment