Saturday, May 8, 2021

WH Reporter Kristin Fisher EXITS FOX News Channel

Kristin Fisher

Fox News White House correspondent Kristin Fisher announced Friday she is leaving the network, The Hill reports.

Fisher, who has covered the White House since 2019, said on "Special Report" with Bret Baier that her appearance Friday marked “my last live shot on my last day at Fox News, and I’ve had an incredible run.”

She did not clarify on air where she will be going next, but a source familiar with the matter confirmed to The Hill that she will go to CNN to serve as a correspondent covering space.  Both of her parents were astronauts.

“I started out 6 years ago on the early morning weekend shift. I made it all the way to the White House, which is something that has been at the very top of my career bucket list ever since I was a very little girl. But I've just realized that there are a few other things on that list that I would like to try to tick off,” she said Friday on Fox.

“So before I go I just want to thank Fox for trusting me with this beat and for giving me so many opportunities. And Bret, it has been an absolute pleasure to work with you, the entire White House team and everybody on the 'Special Report' team as well.”

CNN has taken a big hit in ratings since the end of the Trump presidency, losing nearly 50 percent of its audience over the first few months of 2021, according to The Washington Post. MSNBC has lost about a fourth of its audience in the same time frame, while Fox's ratings are down 6 percent, the Post reported.

No comments:

Post a Comment