Tuesday, February 25, 2020

L-A Radio: Gene 'Bean' Baxter Joins U-K's Podcast Radio


American radio legend Gene Baxter has joined Podcast Radio.

Gene co-hosted the morning show at KROQ in Los Angeles for thirty years and moved back to the UK, his birthplace, at the beginning of the year.

He will become the second of Podcast Radio’s ‘podjocks’ – a cross between a DJ and announcer.

CEO Gerry Edwards says: “Gene is a massive star in the States and we’re thrilled to welcome someone with his experience and expertise to Podcast Radio.  With his mesmerizing American accent and natural creativity, Gene is perfectly placed to reflect the dynamic world of podcasting.”

Gene says: “I don’t feel like a legend at all and thanks to Podcast Radio I have the same enthusiasm I had at the start of my career because of this fresh, new, exciting concept for a radio station.

“I love the way podcasts have taken off over the last few years and I believe the love that goes into the curation and presentation of them on Podcast Radio will only make them bigger.  Plus, Podcast Radio is giving me the creative freedom to do what I want between podcasts – and it’s so much fun!”


Gene, together with on-air partner Kevin Ryder, have hosted their “Kevin and Bean” show on alternative rock station KROQ since 1989 and it went to Number 1 in the LA radio market in 2003.  The show was inducted into the NAB Broadcasting Hall of Fame in 2015 and the National Radio Hall of Fame last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment