Thursday, November 7, 2019

KY Radio: iHM's Matt Jones Off-Air After FEC Compaint

Matt Jones
Kentucky Sports Radio host Matt Jones, who's toyed with the idea of running for Senate next year against Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell in 2020, announced Wednesday he won't be on iHeart Radio in the near future.

"Due to the Mitch McConnell complaint filed this morning with the FEC against me, iHeart Radio has asked that I not be on the show in the upcoming days," Jones wrote on the Kentucky Sports Radio website.  His KSR Show is carried on some 35-affiliates in Kentucky.

According to USAToday, the Republican Party of Kentucky filed a complaint with the Federal Elections Commission on Wednesday accusing Jones, a Democrat, of "serious violations" of regulations, including accepting corporate contributions toward his campaign and failing to report related expenditures.

"The complaint is absolute nonsense and very disappointing from someone as powerful as McConnell," he wrote.

"I have said repeatedly in public and in filings with the FEC that I am not yet a candidate and I haven’t used the show to raise money or talk about my Exploratory Committee in any way. Nevertheless Senator McConnell has complained that having me on air is unfair and the man who speaks often about the importance of free speech and the exchange of public ideas has decided to cut off mine."


He said if he decides against running, he hopes to stay on with iHeart Radio and KSR "into the future."

"For the time being however, I won’t be on the show. I had hoped to do the show for a couple more weeks, make my decision and then take time off to finish my book and regroup after a long process. Thanks to Senator McConnell that time will apparently start now."

No comments:

Post a Comment