Thursday, May 9, 2019

Billy Bush Gets TV Gig

Billy Bush
Billy Bush has finally found a job nearly three years after the Donald Trump tape scandal that resulted in his firing from the “Today” show.

According to The NYPost, the 47-year-old Bush will host “Extra Extra,” an updated version of the current syndicated entertainment show “Extra.”

“We all have to be able to evolve as we grow,” Bush, 47, told People. “The guy that left the scene in 2016 was already a changed person [since 2005], but I had the opportunity to grow up a little bit. Facing adversity in some way is good. And I feel I’ll be better at my job than I ever was. This is my next step.”

“Extra Extra” will take in-depth looks at topics ranging from pop culture to politics. “Extra,” which is currently hosted by Mario Lopez, will continue its run through the remainder of the season. Amid rumors that Lopez is departing his series to replace Natalie Morales on “Access Hollywood,” a source told Page Six on Wednesday that Warner Bros., the production company behind “Extra,” isn’t aware of Lopez’s future plans, though they expect him to complete the show’s current season.

In 2016, Bush was serving his first year on “Today” when a tape that showed Bush laughing as then-“Apprentice” star Trump bragged about groping women leaked to the press. Bush was promptly fired from the job while Trump went on to win the presidency.

“I fell completely apart,” said Bush. “I’ve been through resentment and anger and being inconsolable. But then I realized I had an opportunity to put one foot in front of the other and get going.”

No comments:

Post a Comment