Monday, November 19, 2018

Chattanooga Radio: Charges Dropped Against Talk Host

Jeff Styles
With a brace on the arm grazed by a bullet, former WGOW 102.3 FM talk personality Jeff Styles has found a new home voicing a new podcast, reports WRCB-TV.

“I enjoy the freedom it gives me. I get to cuss a lot more,” Styles said.

District Attorney Neal Pinkston has  dropped vandalism and aggravated assault charges that Styles says ruined his 26-year-long radio career.

In June, Styles stopped at a light at an area intersectiona, got out of his car and hit another driver's windshield with a tomahawk-style weapon. The other driver shot at Styles, grazing his arm. Police called it a road rage incident.

“I was definitely a target for no reason. I was just going too slow, and I told him to back off,” Styles explained.

Styles was arrested. The other driver was not charged.

Cumulus Media's WGOW-FM fired Styles shortly after the June road rage incident. Styles, who has now been cleared of any crime, says firing him was a “cowardly decision.” He has not been asked to come back, but Styles says if offered he would consider it.

Styles says it's been a long road, but he's learned a lot.
                       
“I am the same Jeff Styles. I am a little more humble. I fell a long ways.”

No comments:

Post a Comment