Tuesday, August 21, 2018

WH Radio Reporter Hires Bodyguard

Journalist April Ryan said in a new interview that the White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders should cover the costs for Ryan's security detail amid death threats from people who are critical of her coverage of the Trump administration.

“I've had some people wait for me outside the White House,” Ryan told The Hollywood Reporter. “There is a concern now. I mean, I've had death threats, I've had craziness, so I have a real concern.”

“Do I have a bodyguard?” Ryan said. “Yes, I do. Am I paying for it? Yes, I am. And, I think [Sanders] should have to pay for it, especially if she's stirring it up with her boss.”

“I did not sign up for this. I was just doing a job,” Ryan, the White House correspondent for American Urban Radio Networks, added.

According to The Hill, Ryan said months ago that she received death threats after she asked Sanders if President Trump had considered resigning

“They’re angry. I’ve been getting death threats and we’ve been calling the FBI and I mean, I put one on social media and this is real,” Ryan said at the time to CNN, where she is a contributor.

Ryan, who has repeatedly clashed with Sanders during White House briefings in the past year, is promoting her new book, “Under Fire: Reporting From the Front Lines of the Trump White House.”

No comments:

Post a Comment