Friday, August 24, 2018

NYC Radio: Mad Dog Expects Joe Benigno Return To WFAN

Chris Russo
Even as an Entercom investigation continues, SiriusXM Sports talker Chris Russo believes WFAN 660 AM  / 101/9 FM has not heard the last of suspended sports host Joe Benigno, reports The NYPost.

“I think Joe will also be OK, too,” Russo said on WEEI 93.7 FM in Boston on Wednesday morning. “He’s done all the commercial reads, if you’ve noticed. And Evan Roberts, his partner, mentions Joe every day. I don’t know if he’d do that if they thought that Joe was not coming back. I don’t know this, I haven’t talked to anybody over there, but I wouldn’t rule out Joe returning to WFAN maybe after Labor Day, let’s put it that way.

Joe Benigno
“I wouldn’t rule that out,” added the SiriusXM voice. “They did the private investigation, I guess I’m talking out of turn, I don’t work there. But I think you would’ve heard something already. I would not rule out Joe returning there after Labor Day. It might surprise you.”

Mia Harris
Meanwhile, former WFAN reporter Mia Harris has come forward with her own stories of Benigno, placed on a leave of absence by WFAN parent company Entercom since July 20.

Harris said she saw the married Benigno holding hands with a younger assistant, and he pressured her into silence.

“He came up to me, tried to play it off,” she said. “He pulls me aside. He says, ‘Listen, don’t say anything to anybody. Please, you can’t get me in trouble. If my wife found out…,’ ” Harris said.

The 64-year-old originally was implicated in a sexual harassment lawsuit filed July 18, in which a former WFAN employee accused him, among other charges, of trying to pressure her into a threesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment