Friday, June 22, 2018

R.I.P.: Charles Krauthammer, Dean of Conservative Commentators


Charles Krauthammer, trained psychiatrist and best-selling author who came to be known as the dean of conservative commentators, died Thursday. He was 68, according to Fox News.

His death had been expected after he wrote a heartbreaking letter to colleagues, friends and viewers on June 8 that said in part “I have been uncharacteristically silent these past ten months. I had thought that silence would soon be coming to an end, but I’m afraid I must tell you now that fate has decided on a different course for me…

“Recent tests have revealed that the cancer has returned. There was no sign of it as recently as a month ago, which means it is aggressive and spreading rapidly. My doctors tell me their best estimate is that I have only a few weeks left to live. This is the final verdict. My fight is over.” The letter continued, “I leave this life with no regrets. It was a wonderful life -- full and complete with the great loves and great endeavors that make it worth living.”

In recent years, Krauthammer was best known for his nightly appearance as a panelist on Fox News’ “Special Report with Bret Baier” and as a commentator on various Fox news shows.

Following the news of the death of his “good friend,” Baier posted on Twitter:




No comments:

Post a Comment