Wednesday, July 5, 2017

ESPN's Dan Shulman To Walk-Away From Baseball


After nearly 20 years of doing baseball games for ESPN, longtime announcer Dan Shulman is walking away from the booth after this season, reports philly.com.

“Dan recently expressed his desire to modify his schedule to coincide with some personal life changes, and he has our full support,” ESPN senior vice president Mark Gross said in a statement to Philly.com.

In an interview with Sports Illustrated’s Richard Deitsch, Shulman said that he will be getting remarried next year and that the decision to walk away from baseball did not come from higher-ups at the network, which laid off about 100 on-air personalities back in April.

“I’m grateful to ESPN for giving me this opportunity, and equally grateful that they agreed to let me reconfigure my situation in order to make this work,” Shulman said. “The older we get, I think we sometimes reprioritize, and I guess I’m doing that.”

In fact, Shulman isn’t leaving the network entirely. He will remain ESPN’s play-by-play voice for NCAA men’s basketball, and continue to be featured in ESPN’s popular Saturday night package alongside analyst Dick Vitale.

No comments:

Post a Comment