Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Chicago Radio: Terry Boers To Retire From WSCR The Score

Terry Boers
Chicago sports radio legend Terry Boers has announced his retirement.

A charter member of WSCR 670 AM The Score,  the first all-sports radio station based in Chicago, Boers will co-host his final afternoon show come January after 25 years on the station and on the air.

Boers made his decision official on Tuesday with a goodbye column titled “It’s Time to Say Goodbye.”

“As I write this, I’m 66 years old and I’m going to retire, leaving behind one of the greatest jobs you can have, talking sports or movies or TV or life for five hours a day on a station I couldn’t be prouder of,” he wrote. “The day of my final show will be Jan. 5, 2017, which will make my tenure at the Score exactly 25 years and three days.”

The retirement announce does not come as a total surprise to fans of Boers and The Score. After an incredible 24-year run, Boers missed several months of air time this year while dealing with serious illnesses and recovering from surgery, according to The Patch.

He returned after a longer-than-expected absence, but told readers that he underwent a second surgery earlier this month.

“This has been the worst year of my life health-wise,” Boers wrote. “I’ve been forced to miss way more time than I ever dreamed I would. There’s no part of me that thought I would ever be gone for more than four months following a major surgery that continues to plague me.”

1 comment:

  1. in later years especially...terry made his radio career all about politically pc condesension and bullying... hopefully his face to face with mortality has softened his heart.

    ReplyDelete