Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Detroit Radio: Best Wishes To WFDF Talker Cliff Russell

Cliff Russell
WFDF 910 AM personality Cliff Russell, a fixture on Detroit's airwaves for three decades, has a message from a local hospital after a health scare.

Russell, who just turned 60 in August and hosts "The Cliff Russell Show" weekdays from 2-4 p.m. on 910 AM, posts this on Facebook::

I am currently in the hospital and I will be here for the next several days. After going to the emergency room last night, I learned that there is a blockage in my heart, and I will most likely be undergoing a cardiac catheterization in the next few days.

I decided to post this news on Facebook (along with this very unflattering photo) because I am hoping to persuade people, black men in particular, to take much better care of ourselves.

This latest health challenge is the direct result of my less-than-healthy eating habits. Even though I have had heart attacks before, I still was eating way too much junk food. I should know better, and I have no excuse. If the good Lord allows me to come through this ordeal, I am committing myself to practicing and promoting a healthy lifestyle.

In the meantime, I ask for your prayers. Thank you.

Russell tells Deadline Detroit on Sunday morning that he expects to have the balloon angioplasty procedure Tuesday.

1 comment: