Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Pittsburgh Radio: Jim Quinn Launching New Web Show


Jim Quinn
Former WPGB 104.7 FM morning host Jim Quinn will be broadcasting again, starting April 1 (no foolin') on a show that will be Internet-only in Pittsburgh, at least for now.

“Live stream, podcasts and archives will be available in the members section of www.warroom.com,” Quinn told triblive.com. “I'm looking forward to the cutting edge of technology. I won't fade under the bridges or when you are driving through tunnels.”

The 70-year-old Quinn said the political talk show will be available on broadcast radio in at least one other city.

“One of our former affiliates WYSL 1040 AM /92.1 FM in Rochester, N.Y., will be carrying me from 6 to 9 a.m.,” Quinn said. “We are in discussions with other potential affiliates.”

“I do this because I love radio,” Quinn said. “The nice thing about being my own boss is that the next time I get fired, I'll be firing myself.”

No word on his former co-host Rose Tennent (aka "Radio Rose".  Quinn's radio show abruptly ended in a contract dispute with Clear Channel radio in November 2013.

1 comment:

  1. So Jim, think you'll remember how it's done? Hope so... My best to you...l

    ReplyDelete