Thursday, October 30, 2014

MS Radio: K106 Jock Admits He's Behind Creepy Clown Sightings

McComb Creepy Clown
There's been copycat Creep Clown Sightings reports for the past 10-days or so..and why not it's Halloween season.

In McComb, Mississippi, WAKH 105.7 FM K-106 on-air personality Dave Hughes has revealed that he was behind the mysterious McComb clown sightings. He said he never expected the clown to attract as much attention as it did, but that he did it with one specific reason, according to The Clarion Ledger.

"A lot of people live their lives every day like, 'I have to go to work, I have to pick up the kids, I don't know how I'm going to pay the bills,'" he said. "It's nothing but depressing and we're all stuck in a rut. We forget how awesome it was when we were kids and everything was magical and mysterious, and you never know what you're going to do next."

The clown, for a week, gave the people of McComb, and eventually all areas of the state, something to wonder about, something to smile about, and something to take their mind off the grownup business of life.

WAKH 105.7 FM (100Kw) 60dBu Coverage
Ultimately, Hughes would have rather let the identity of the clown forever remain a mystery.
Some have criticized Hughes, calling the clown a publicity stunt.

"I'm on a 100,000 watt radio station. If I can't use that platform to brighten people's day and give them excitement to brighten their life, what good is it? Everything can't be about money and depressing news and nothing else. Sometimes you have to use what you have to work with to improve people's lives in some way," he said. "Yes, the radio station has gotten a ton of publicity out of it, much more than I ever intended for it to, but the goal that I had set for myself was to make some people smile. As far as I'm concerned, it was a success, any way you judge it."

No comments:

Post a Comment