Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Boston Radio: WEEI's Kirk Minihane Steps In It Again

  • If Erin Andrews ‘Weighed 15 Pounds More, She’d Be a Waitress’
Kirk Minihane
Kirk Minihane returned to WEEI 93.7 FM Wednesday morning after calling Erin Andrews a “gutless bitch” on air last week, but the co-host of the “Dennis and Callahan Show” wasn’t totally contrite, according to boston.com.
“I  will say this. I think she stinks at her job. I don’t think she’s very smart, I don’t think she comes across as very smart. I think FOX only hired her because she’s good-looking. I think if she weighed 15 pounds more she’d be a waitress at Perkins. That’s what I believe.”
Minihane was not suspended for his original comments last week. He had a scheduled vacation starting the day after he made them, and he apologized for what he said.


Minihane’s original point about Andrews stemmed from an interview the FOX reporter conducted with St. Louis Cardinals pitcher Adam Wainwright during the MLB All-Star Game. Wainwright told reporters that he gave Derek Jeter a couple of pitches to hit because it was his last All-Star Game, then backed off those comments to Andrews. Andrews let the pitcher off the hook a little too easy, telling Wainwright, “Well, we appreciate you clearing that up. Don’t you love social media?”

Minihane took exception to the cupcake sideline reporting, saying in part, “What a bitch. I hate her. What a gutless bitch. Seriously, go away. Drop dead. ... He told reporters he threw a couple of pipe bombs. So how is that social media’s fault?”

Read More Now

No comments:

Post a Comment