Thursday, July 24, 2014

Cleveland Radio: Bob Frantz Talks About Losing Job

Bob Frantz
On Tuesday July 8, popular WTAM 1100 AM  nighttalk show host Bob Frantz found out that his services were no longer required by CCM+E.

 The 46-year-old Frantz had 11 years in at the station. He worked the 7-11 p.m. shift for the last eight years and had a show on Sundays as well. Often controversial, he tackled news, politics, sports and popular culture.

He spoke on the phone from his home in Elyria and in emails with Plain Dealer reporter Michael Heaton.

Frantz says 'it's always a surprise when your number is called'.  Although he stated further "I was well aware of the financial challenges that the company faced at the corporate level, as they had been tightening their belt and trimming payroll for the last several years. Every year, I watched a lot of talented people exit the building through no fault of their own, so I would have to be pretty naive to think it could never happen to me."

According Frantz, "It was presented to me as "corporate restructuring," which I understood to mean that the decision came from San Antonio, and not management in Cleveland. I know it was not an easy thing for my former bosses -- who are my friends -- to do, and that's why I bear them no animosity. There has always been a mutual respect there, and I know it continues."

Read More Now

No comments:

Post a Comment