Monday, December 30, 2013

GMA's Robin Roberts Confirms She Is Gay

Good Morning America anchor Robin Roberts has confirmed that she is gay.

In a Facebook post on Sunday (December 29th), Roberts reflected on her battle with cancer and myelodysplastic syndrome, and said that she was grateful for her longtime girlfriend Amber Laign.




She wrote, "At this moment I am at peace and filled with joy and gratitude.  I am grateful to God, my doctors and nurses for my restored good health. I am grateful for my sister, Sally-Ann, for being my donor and giving me the gift of life. I am grateful for my entire family, my long time girlfriend, Amber, and friends as we prepare to celebrate a glorious new year together."

An ABC spokesperson confirmed to E! News that Roberts have been with Amber for ten years. Amber is a licensed massage therapist who specializes in working with people recovering from injuries. The two met through mutual friends.

Amber is originally from the Bay Area.

Shortly after Robin's posted her note on Facebook, Russell Simmons congratulated her on coming on, tweeting, "sending good thoughts to Robin Roberts. #LoveIsLove."

Jeffrey Schneider, Senior Vice President of ABC News released a statement to E! News, saying, "Love Robin and Amber, and have known Amber for a long time. We were all touched by Robin's FB message today, so glad she has so much incredible support in her life."

No comments:

Post a Comment