Thursday, June 9, 2011

Making Sense of CC's Satellite Radio Presence

From Rocco Pendola, seekingalpha.com
A label exists for people who become infatuated with radio in youth, obsessively call into stations, and eventually, in their teenage years, land an on-air gig at a commercial station. That label is radio geek. I am a radio geek. As a radio geek, the developments of the last several years represent nothing short of a dream come true.

As a child, I spent my nights doing two things - mimicking my favorite DJ (Kid Crockett on WKSE in Buffalo, who morphed in Kid Kelly on New York's Z-100) and tuning in faraway AM stations late at night.

There was something special about those days, but there was also something equally annoying. When Kid left WKSE for Z-100, I could no longer listen to him. And the reception on the out-of-market AM stations I listened to was horrific. Fast forward about 20 years and that's all changed.

Thanks to Internet streaming, I can listen to pretty much any radio station.
Read More.


Rocco Pendola lives in Santa Monica, California, where he writes and invests in stocks and options for a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment