Monday, May 2, 2011

K-Earth’s Charlie Tuna Becomes 'Luna' For TV Series

K-Earth 101 FM (LA) weekend DJ Charlie Tuna, a legend in Top 40 and Classic Hits radio for five decades, has landed a dream television role – literally. He stars as afternoon drive jock "Charlie Luna" in the new KCET-TV series "The Dreamsters," debuting at 8 p.m. Sunday, May 8 – Mother's Day.

"It's perfect timing for me, since I've got a beautiful 7-month-old granddaughter who's only going to grow into the target demo," Tuna tells Gary Lycan at ocregister.com in an interview. After the series May 8 debut, it will roll out in June as part of KCET's morning children's block, said Steve Syatt, creator-songwriter of the 26-episode program.

"Steve's been a fan of mine since he was a kid in Boston. Then he moved out here and found me in L.A. He wrote a part for me in this series and called me out of the blue to ask if I would be interested. I thought it was just voiceover stuff, but he wanted me on camera, too," Tuna said.

Read More.

No comments:

Post a Comment