Monday, October 4, 2010

Joe Torre Mulls Broadcast Overtures


LA Times Photo
Joe Torre, who will step down as manager of the Los Angeles Dodgers following Sunday's season finale against the Arizona Diamondbacks, said Friday that he has received strong overtures about a possible broadcasting job but that he isn't sure whether he wants to return to that role, which he filled with the then-California Angels during the late 1980s.
ESPN.com also reports the Dodgers also are expected to discuss with Torre a possible role within the organization, and he hasn't completely ruled out managing again somewhere else.

"I have had some inquiries [about broadcasting]," Torre said. "Just people saying, 'When you want to pack it in as a manager, we want to talk to you,' stuff like that. It would depend on what there is and how often I would have to do it."

Torre wouldn't reveal where any of those inquiries have come from, and he wouldn't even say whether they were from teams or networks.

"I'm not going to go into specifics," Torre said. "I'm not willing to talk about it only because I don't know what I want to do right now. I have to consider my options and see what those options are. When the season is over, I just want to get away, even just for a couple of weeks -- it's not like I need a long time to get away -- and then see what makes sense."

Read more here.

No comments:

Post a Comment