Thursday, February 15, 2024

Geraldo Rivera Gets New Gig With NewsNation


Geraldo Rivera and his iconic mustache have found a new basic cable home, TVLine is reporting.

The former Fox News personality has joined NewsNation effective immediately, where he’ll serve as correspondent-at-large and appear across the network’s daytime and primetime programming.

“Geraldo is a legendary journalist whose talent and experience is unrivaled in the industry,” Michael Corn, president of news at NewsNation, said in a statement. “We look forward to him joining the network and providing our viewers with his one-of-a-kind analysis.”

Fox News released the following statement in 2023 when Rivera exited: “We reached an amicable conclusion with Geraldo over the past few weeks and look forward to celebrating him tomorrow on Fox & Friends which will be his last appearance on the network.”

Geraldo Rivera
“I feel so verklempt,” Rivera said at the time. “I am leaving Fox, my dear friends. I was fired from The Five, so then I said, ‘I might as well resign totally,’ and I quit. And today is my last day. But I want to leave not thinking about those things; I want to leave thinking about how wonderful everyone has been to me.”

Two weeks later, Rivera appeared on ABC’s The View and alluded to a contentious relationship with one of the hosts of The Five.

“I was fired from The Five, the kind of antithesis to this program, the bitter enemy,” he said. “I had a very toxic relationship with another [one] of the cast members.”

He didn’t name names, but he was quick to rule out Jeanine Pirro. “I discovered Jeanine!” he exclaimed, referring to her myriad appearances on his eponymous 1990s talk show at the height of the O.J. Simpson trial.




“I also thought it was very unfair that I was not judged objectively in our disputes, but rather that he was always favored,” Rivera said, acknowledging that his feud was with one of The Five‘s male cohosts, which narrowed the field to Greg Gutfeld and Jesse Watters. “I was the one [who] was suspended three times. I had two, three appearances scheduled weekly, then bi-weekly, then monthly, then they kind of disappeared… I was really ticked off.”

Rivera also vowed that he would never forgive another former Fox News personality, Tucker Carlson, for spreading misinformation about the Jan. 6 riots at the U.S. Capitol, and that he would “dedicate whatever energy I have left in this profession to ensure [Donald Trump] is not ever reelected president.”

No comments:

Post a Comment