Thursday, January 16, 2020

Jason Fitz Gets New Multi-Year Contract With ESPN

Jason Fitz
Jason Fitz, former fiddle player for The Band Perry who launched his sports talk radio show career in Nashville on WPRT The Game 102.5-FM, has signed a new multi-year contract with ESPN.

The Tennessean reports Fitz joined ESPN in 2016 and most recently served as host of the twice-daily show "SportsCenter" on Snapchat, ESPN Radio’s "First and Last" and was a regular contributor on "Golic and Wingo."

On Monday Fitz will launch a new show "First Take, Your Take with Jason Fitz" on ESPN and simulcast on ESPNews (noon-2 p.m.).

Having a long term contract under his belt is new for Fitz, 41, who found the music business unstable at best in his six years with The Band Perry.

"The most amazing thing is from the get-go when I had the opportunity to work for ESPN I left the band with no idea how I was going to pay the bills and if it was going to work out," Fitz said. "So to be sitting here today with a multi-year extension, with the level belief ESPN has given to what I do, is incredible. If you'd have asked me two years ago when I made the jump and moved to Bristol (Connecticut) what the best case scenario would be, I couldn't imagine it could be this."

The details of Fitz's extension were not disclosed by ESPN.

No comments:

Post a Comment