Friday, April 17, 2015

ESPN Suspends Britt McHenry Over Tirade

Britt McHenry
ESPN reporter Britt McHenry was suspended for one week yesterday (April 16th) after video surfaced on LiveLeak and went viral showing her berating a car towing company employee, cursing and slamming the worker's weight, appearance and intelligence.

McHenry was at the company earlier this month after her car had been towed and her rant was captured on the business's video camera, which the worker pointed out to her.

It begins with McHenry saying to the woman, "I'm in the news, sweetheart, I will f***ing sue this place." She continued, saying, "Yep, that's all you care about, is just taking people's money. With no education, no skillset, just wanted to clarify that. . . . Do you feel good about your job? So I could be a college dropout and do the same thing? Why, 'cause I have a brain and you don't?" She then began even more personally attacking the worker, saying, "Maybe if I was missing some teeth they would hire me, huh? 'Cause they look so stunning . . . 'Cause I'm on television and you're in a f***ing trailer, honey."

And just before she walked out, she said, "Lose some weight, baby girl."


McHenry apologized yesterday in a statement, saying, "In an intense and stressful moment, I allowed my emotions to get the best of me and said some insulting and regrettable things. As frustrated as I was, I should always choose to be respectful and take the high road. I am so sorry for my actions and will learn from this mistake."

No comments:

Post a Comment