Launched in January, Play.it offers more than 400 premium content podcasts by bringing together digital-exclusive programming from major brands and publishers as well as content from CBS RADIO shows on demand.
“Podcasts are an extremely compelling medium in today’s always-on, always-movng culture,” said Ezra Kucharz, President of CBS Local Digital Media. “By bringing more talent across myriad interests to Play.it we hope to satisfy people’s needs across every category – news, sports, comedy, entertainment and culture – while also making it simple for them to find new podcasts to enjoy across platforms.”
New Play.it Podcasts include:
- News & Information: “CBS Local News Headlines;” Former CNN Senior Executive Producer Michael Schulder’s “Wavemaker Conversations”
- Sports: “Jayson on the Rebound,” with former New Jersey Nets player Jayson Williams; “Heated Conversations” hosted by WWE’s Booker T; “The B&V Podcast” with David Boreanaz and Joey Vendetta
- Entertainment & Lifestyle: “The Marilu Henner Show;” “Gamertag Radio;” men’s lifestyle expert Josh Mathews
- Comedy: “The Funny Don’t Stop with Alex Thomas;” “Sorta Kinda Funny” with Royale Watkins
- Health & Wellness: sleep expert Dr. Michael Breus
- Science & Education: “Improbable Research” with Marc Abrahams, creator of the Ig Nobel Awards; “Sound Affects with Julian Treasure” a five-time TED.com speaker
- Business: “Amazing Business Radio with Shep Hyken;” “The Ultimate Entrepreneur with Jay Abraham”; “Boomer & Carton” Producer Al Dukes interview series with media moguls in “Al’s Boring Podcast”
- Society & Culture: “Style Scouting” with ELLE Style Correspondent Alia Ahmed-Yahia; fashion bloggers Tom Fitzgerald and Lorenzo Marquez; “Vanderpump Rules” star Stassi Schroeder; former “The Challenge” star Susie Meister; and “Word Gang,” a weekly series about words and the people who use them, hosted by Rives, a six-time TED.com speaker.
Play.it is advertising supported and uses the latest in dynamic ad insertion technology as well as native and sponsorship advertising. Brands are able to buy campaigns across platforms in a simple one-stop-shop manner including over-the-air, live streaming and podcasts. Additionally, brands are able to deliver targeted messaging to specific fans of a particular show or across the entire network of hundreds of programs.
For more information, visit Play.it.