Monday, August 4, 2014

Chicago Radio: Terri Hemmert Returns To WXRT-FM

Terri Hemmert (Tribune)
Six weeks after she was sidelined for knee replacement surgery, 66-year-old Terri Hemmert returns today as midday personality on CBS Radio's WXRT 93.1 FM.

“After six weeks of rest, meds, visitors and lots of physical therapy I’m excited to get back to work at XRT Monday morning,” Hemmert said in an email Friday to Chicago Media blogger Robert Feder. “Stopped by to see my co-workers/friends. That was fantastic. My parents didn’t raise a slacker so I’m ready to work! This is the job I dreamed of since I was 15. Time to get back!”

Hemmert underwent surgery June 19 to replace her right knee, which had been a source of pain since she suffered rheumatic fever at age 13. She spent three weeks in the hospital and continues to undergo extensive physical therapy.

LISTEN-LIVE: Click Here.

A 41-year veteran of WXRT and member of the Radio Hall of Fame, Hemmert rocks on from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday. She also hosts “Breakfast with the Beatles” from 8 to 10 a.m. Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment