Monday, September 16, 2013

Jack Is Back! And He’s Headed To Miami

Longtime Washington, DC morning personality Jack Diamond is returning to the airwaves.  But not in DC…he’s headed for mornings in Miami on WLYF 105.1 FM.

Diamond notes that this will be the fourth time he has worked for Lincoln Financial.  Previously, he’s been at KIMN Denver,  94Q Atlanta, KSON San Diego, and now Lite-FM Miami.

Diamond made the announcement on his Facebook page:
“My business HAS changed. A lot, and not in all good ways. For me as a broadcaster, or for you as a kind listener. I considered leaving radio. For about 10 miles of that (recent) 8,000 mile trip (cris-cross country trip with his family). It is in my blood, and in my heart. As long as there is a station that ALSO cares about YOU, and will let me do a show that entertains, informs and doesn't insult your intelligence - we both have a home. Yes, I considered and talked to Washington, DC stations, and stations around the country. For all the right reasons, I am bringing "The Jack Diamond Morning Show" to "Lite-FM" Miami.
Jack Diamond
Diamond added there is more to say, which he’ll be posting on his Facebook page.

"Jack Diamond is a master entertainer, engaging each listener over the air, in person and through all forms of interactive media," said Rob Sidney, Director of Programming and Operations for WLYF.

"His experience, showmanship and passion reflect the best of what Lite FM has built over four decades. And I'm thrilled to have Jack kicking off Lite's next era of success."

Diamond succeeds Ellen Jaffe, who will now anchor afternoon drive. Market Veteran Julie Guy will be Diamond's co-host. No start date has been given, although it's expected to be later this month.

Until April of this year, Diamond spent nearly 24-years at Cumulus HotAC WRXQ 107.1 FM in DC. (See Original Posting, Click Here.)

2 comments:

  1. I have been waiting to find out where Jack Diamond Morning Show would land. So glad Jack did not leave radio. I have listened to Jack since 1989. I have also listened to Bert, who in a different way is entertaining.........but Jack has the heart and empathy
    for his listeners I have always appreciated. Even though I am still in DC I hope to find a way to still listen to Jack in the mornings. Love your show Babe................

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear you are well. Was not happy with 107 after the change. We miss you

    ReplyDelete