Saturday, March 11, 2017

Charlie Rose Returns Monday To CBS

Charlie Rose
Charlie Rose is ready to return to his hosting duties at "CBS This Morning" and will be back on the job Monday, reports the LA Times.

A co-anchor on the network morning show since 2012, Rose has been off the air since Feb. 8, the day before undergoing surgery for an aortic valve replacement.

"Almost 15 years ago skilled surgeons replaced my aorta valve with a new replacement valve. It has served me well, enabling me to live the vigorous, full, complete life you are all so familiar with," Rose wrote in an official statement announcing his surgery last month.

"To continue to live this amazing life so full of challenges and friends, including so many of you in the audience, I have chosen to replace the valve with a new one," he added. "The timing is my choice."

On Friday, Rose shared plans to return to "CBS This Morning" a little more than four weeks since his operation.

"I can’t wait to see my friends at 'CTM' who have been so gracious in sitting in for me and making up for the fact that I was not there, especially Gayle [King] and Norah [O'Donnell], and a special thanks to Anthony Mason, who not only has done such a remarkable job filling in for me but also on my PBS show," Rose said in a statement shared on the show.



Valve replacements have made headlines recently, after it was revealed that late actor Bill Paxton was recovering from surgery to replace a bicuspid aortic valve when he suffered the stroke that took his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment