Tuesday, July 12, 2016

OH/MI Radio: Cumulus Promotes Bill Michaels To OM

Bill Michaels
Cumulus Media announces that Bill Michaels, Program Director of radio stations WXKR-FM, WLQR-FM, WTOD-AM, and WQQO HD2, has been promoted to Operations Manager for the company’s station cluster in Toledo, OH, and Monroe, MI.

In this newly created position, Michaels will manage station operations for Cumulus’ eight stations in Toledo and Monroe, OH, including: WKKO-FM, WRQN-FM and WQQO-FM in Toledo and WMIM-FM in Monroe, MI.

He will continue to program 94.5 WXKR, 100.7 The Zone, 106.5 The Ticket and Talk Radio 1470 WTOD. Michaels will also continue as on-air host for Toledo’s Classic Rock 94.5 WXKR from 10AM-3PM weekdays.

Michaels was born and raised in Toledo, where he got his start in radio in 1991 on 92.5 KISS-FM and worked his way up to Operations Manager for Clear Channel/iHeart Media-Toledo. He was also Program Director of Clear Channel/iHeart Media’s Heritage Rock station WIOT. Michaels joined Cumulus Media-Toledo in 2014 as Program Director of Classic Rock 94.5 WXKR.

 Andy Stuart, Regional Vice President and Market Manager for Cumulus Media-Toledo said: “Bill and I have worked together for a long time and while I am quite certain that he has the experience, intuition and leadership skills necessary to lead our stations to greatness, I’m also quite certain he can handle my penchant for emailing and texting him at 3AM.”

Michaels said: "I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am about this opportunity. Andy Stuart and I have worked together for a long time with huge success and I'm looking forward to that continuing. I also would like to thank Mike McVay and Doug Hamand for this exciting opportunity and giving me the chance to do what I love doing in my hometown of Toledo, Ohio."

No comments:

Post a Comment