Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Programming Changes at N/T WPRO-AM

News Talk 630 WPRO and 99.7 FM announced Wednesday that John DePetro, the host of The WPRO Morning News, will be returning to his prior role as talk show host in the 9AM-12N time slot.

“The opportunity to recast The WPRO Morning News is extremely exciting,” said Program Director Paul Giammarco.  “We are close to announcing our new morning show, which I feel will be raising the bar on objective news reporting in the state of Rhode Island.  No other media outlet or print publication will be able to deliver the most up to the minute newsmaker interviews or detailed developments of local, regional and national news stories as WPRO”. 

With John’s return to talk show host, WPRO will increase its already robust local presence.  WPRO will focus on offering five live and local programs that are unequaled across the nation in content, opinion, and commentary, unsurpassed in entertainment value.

In exploring an opportunity for a syndicated weekend talk show, John DePetro stated, “I want to thank the management of WPRO and Citadel Broadcasting for allowing me to pursue the incredible opportunity of national syndication. This is a dream come true. I look forward to discussing local issues from 9 A.M. to noon on WPRO, and will have more to say regarding my other project (syndication) at a later date."  John added, “Rhode Island is my home.  It is important that my audience know that my primary focus will always be on local talk in Rhode Island”.

No comments:

Post a Comment