Tuesday, August 22, 2017

R.I.P.: Former Harrisburg PA Morning Host Mac McCauley

Mac McCauley
E. Roy "Mac" McCauley passed away Thursday, August 17, 2017.  He was 92.

After high school he enlisted in the U.S Army and served in WWII in the 8th Army Air Corp. from 1943-1945 during the European theatre of Operations stationed in England.

McCauley spent most of his life in radio and started at WGAL in Lancaster in 1947 as a cameraman and later became an announcer from 1949 to 1951.

From 1951-1969, he was the program director and assistant general manager for the former WTPA-TV Harrisburg which later became WHTM.

Finally he was the radio morning personality on WCMB 1460 AM in Harrisburg for over 18 years and retired from radio in 1987.

1 comment:

  1. Mac was my uncle, married to Mary Lou, my Mom's sister. What I always remember about him as a kid growing up was his ascerbic wit and joke telling ability. Uncle Mac was always the "entertainer" at family gatherings.
    My 4 siblings and I lived in Lancaster and the McCauleys off the Linglestown exit and growing up we always looked forward to the trips there on ours or their birthdays when we got together to celebrate and play with our Harrisburg cousins. Many a fond memory of both families together.
    My condolences to all my cousins. Journey well, Uncle Mac.

    ReplyDelete