Voting for the 2017 National Radio Hall of Fame Inductees begins today. The 24 nominations in six categories were determined by the organization’s Nominating Committee. Four of those categories will be voted on by a voting participant panel comprised of nearly 1,000 industry professionals. They’ll receive confidential ballots from the online voting service, Votem, which is also used by the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame. Votes will be tallied by certified public accounting firm Miller Kaplan Arase, LLP.
The other two categories will be voted on by the public, also via Votem. Public voting commences June 5 for eight nominations for Music Format On-Air Personality and Spoken Word On-Air Personality.
National Radio Hall of Fame Chairman Kraig Kitchin says, “As an industry, we should all be proud of our incredibly diverse community of talent who have made and continue to make radio great. This year’s class of nominees is a fine representation of why millions of people connect to our medium on a daily basis.”
Inductees will be announced June 26. The induction ceremony will be held Thursday, Nov. 2 at the Museum of Broadcast and Communications in downtown Chicago.
Nominees to be voted on by voting participant panel:
Longstanding Local/Regional (20 years or more)
- Johnny Holliday, Washington, D.C.
- John “Records” Landecker, Chicago
- Paul Schneider, Boise
- Donnie Simpson, Washington, D.C.
- Tom Barnard, Minneapolis
- Jack Harris & Tedd Webb, Tampa
- Charles Laquidara, Boston
- Preston & Steve (Preston Elliot, Steve Morrison), Philadelphia
- Nanci Donnellan, The Fabulous Sports Babe
- Sean Hannity, The Sean Hannity Show
- Diane Rehm, The Diane Rehm Show
- Bert Weiss, The Bert Show
- Denny Matthews, Kansas City Royals Play-by-Play Broadcast
- Robin Quivers, The Howard Stern Show
- Jim Rome, The Jim Rome Show
Music Format On-Air Personality
- Bobby Bones
- Sean “Hollywood” Hamilton
- Guy Phillips
- Ryan Seacrest
- Mike Greenberg & Mike Golic (Mike & Mike)
- Bill Handel
- Joe Madison
- Wait, Wait…Don't Tell Me!