Ella Langley canceled her sold-out concert at Tulsa’s BOK Center on Friday night hours before showtime over a “serious security threat,” even though Tulsa police said they found no credible danger after multiple sweeps of the venue, Billboard is reporting.
Statements posted shortly before 5 p.m. CT on both Langley’s and the venue’s social media accounts said the show could not proceed. “Due to a serious security threat involving the safety of my fans, venue personnel, and the artist, Ella Langley’s scheduled performance tonight at BOK Center in Tulsa has been canceled,” the post read. It continued that “the safety and well-being of everyone involved is our absolute priority” and that ticket refund information would be forthcoming.
Tulsa Police Department officials said they conducted a routine pre-event sweep with K-9 units, the Bomb Team, patrol officers, and BOK security and found nothing. After a threatening phone call claimed someone would bring “great harm” through “shots fired and bombs,” police performed additional sweeps of the building and surrounding area and again found no credible threat. They informed the performer’s staff of their findings, but the show was canceled anyway. Captain Richard Meulenberg said in a Facebook video that the caller “disrupted this event for all these folks.”
The incident is under investigation. Police asked for tips via Tulsa Crime Stoppers (918-596-COPS), noting a cash reward is available.
In an additional message, Langley apologized to fans: “I know how much time, travel, money, and planning goes into coming to a show, and I can’t tell you how sorry I am. This is not a decision that was made lightly. … your safety will always mean more to me than anything else. I refuse to put anyone in harm’s way.”
Langley is currently on her Dandelion Tour supporting her new album. Her hit “Choosin’ Texas” recently broke the record for the most weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, reaching 24 weeks.
Tulsa Police Department officials said they conducted a routine pre-event sweep with K-9 units, the Bomb Team, patrol officers, and BOK security and found nothing. After a threatening phone call claimed someone would bring “great harm” through “shots fired and bombs,” police performed additional sweeps of the building and surrounding area and again found no credible threat. They informed the performer’s staff of their findings, but the show was canceled anyway. Captain Richard Meulenberg said in a Facebook video that the caller “disrupted this event for all these folks.”
The incident is under investigation. Police asked for tips via Tulsa Crime Stoppers (918-596-COPS), noting a cash reward is available.
In an additional message, Langley apologized to fans: “I know how much time, travel, money, and planning goes into coming to a show, and I can’t tell you how sorry I am. This is not a decision that was made lightly. … your safety will always mean more to me than anything else. I refuse to put anyone in harm’s way.”
Langley is currently on her Dandelion Tour supporting her new album. Her hit “Choosin’ Texas” recently broke the record for the most weeks at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, reaching 24 weeks.

