Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Balt, DC Radio: Bob Delmont Is Back On WPOC, WMZQ


iHeartMedia has named veteran country radio personality Bob Delmont as the new evening host at WMZQ-FM (98.7) in Washington, D.C., and midday host at WPOC-FM (93.1) in Baltimore.

Delmont will be on air weekdays from 7 p.m. to midnight on WMZQ and from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. on WPOC. Both programs will feature current country hits, artist stories, and Delmont’s humor and personality. He reports to iHeartMedia Region Senior Vice President of Programming Jeff Kapugi.

Bob Delmont
The appointment marks a return to the Washington-Baltimore market for Delmont, who has spent 27 years on the air in the region and most recently hosted middays at WPOC. His new WMZQ role also brings him back to evenings, the daypart where he started his career.

“Bob’s back!” Kapugi said. “He’s one of the best we have, and we are lucky to have him on our DC/Baltimore team!”

A Pittsburgh native, Delmont began in radio working overnights at WMTZ (The Mountain) in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. He later hosted evenings at WDSY (Y108) in Pittsburgh from 1994 to 1999 before joining WPOC in 1999, where he became a longtime fixture in Baltimore country radio.

“I can’t tell you how excited I am to be working at the mighty 98.7 WMZQ on the shift where it all began for me,” Delmont said. “I get to come back working with the people that I know, and some I get to know better, all while still being part of WPOC on the same shift I’ve spent almost all of my career.” He thanked Kapugi for arranging the return and added, “I’m ready for y’all, D.C.!”