Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Seattle Radio: 'The Groz' Stepping Away From Daily KIRO Hosting

Dave Grosby
Longtime Seattle sports Voice Dave 'The Groz' Grosby have a bit of bad news, good news for KIRO 710 ESPN listeners.

Grosby posted on the Bonneville KIRO website that he felt compelled to step down as a daily talk show host on 710 ESPN. "This past year I simply have not been able to answer the bell enough as it were and missed far too many days of work, and it has been unfair to my co-hosts and to the radio station. Though my health has improved over the past month I cannot be sure it won’t be an issue again."

His last Bob, Groz and Tom show will be Tuesday, Sept. 20.

As for the good news, "While I am retiring from a daily show, I will still be a daily presence on the radio station. I will continue doing the 11:45 a.m. segment with my friend of 30 years, John Clayton. I will fill in on shows periodically and I will be a happy guest on any 710 ESPN Seattle show that will have me. I am also going to be exploring the online world and look forward to being a regular presence in a yet-to-be-determined role on 710Sports.com."

The Groz added "I have been lucky to be a part of the start of two great sports radio stations in Seattle over the past 29 years, but the best part of the job for me has been meeting and having fun with listeners over the years. I love you guys."

No comments:

Post a Comment