Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Kathy Griffin: "I Went Too Far"


Kathy Griffin admitted Tuesday she "went too far" on her latest photo shoot with controversial photographer Tyler Shields in which she is holding a bloodied mask of President Trump.

The gory photo first published in TMZ from Griffin's photo session with the famed Shields, known for his shocking pictures.

In a Twitter post late Tuesday, Griffin said the image "is too disturbing," and that "it wasn't funny."


"I understand how it offends people," she said, adding "I've made a lot of mistakes in my career."

Griffin ignited a firestorm of controversy this afternoon when images from a photo shoot showing her holding a bloody decapitated head resembling President Donald Trump were published online.

A few hours later, Griffin apologized and said she would ask the photographer to remove the images from the internet: “I beg for your forgiveness. I went too far. I made a mistake and I was wrong."

Conservatives immediately seized on the image, holding it up as evidence the left has gone mad in the Trump era. Critics also raised questions about whether she will be permitted to co-host CNN's annual New Year's Eve special with Anderson Cooper...

Statement from a CNN spox: "We found what she did disgusting and offensive.  We are pleased to see she has apologized and asked that the photos be taken down. We are evaluating our New Year's Eve coverage and have made no decisions at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment