Thursday, February 11, 2021

R.I.P.: Lisa Meyer Steinhaus, Award Winning Radio Journalist

King and Lisa Meyer
Radio journalist Lisa Meyer Steinhaus died Wednesday at her home near Orlando.  She was 66 and an aggressive form cancer was the cause of death, according to her husband Peter King, a CBS Radio News correspondent and anchor. 

Lisa Meyer was a world class , award winning journalist who worked for some legendary stations, like WJW Detroit and 3WE in Cleveland, WMAQ Chicago, and WBZ Boston. 

Back in the '90s, she also was a correspondent at CBS Radio and later, for AP Radio. 

In a tribute posted on Facebook King stated, "She was truly the love of my life, my best friend, the smartest, most resourceful and funniest person I've ever known, and I am truly the luckiest man on earth to have been her significant other, then husband, for nearly 13 years total. She's taken me so many places I never knew possible."

In lieu of flowers, King suggested friends make a donation to The Health Wagon, which serves vastly  under-served people in the impoverished Appalachian Mountain region with much needed medical care and clinics at no charge. Www.thehealthwagon.org, in memory of Lisa Meyer Steinhaus. 

King added,  "When you lose someone you love, it's not something you get over. But it's something you get through. I know you will, indeed, help me through."

No comments:

Post a Comment