Monday, January 11, 2021

SiriusXM Radio: Lawmaker Believes "Something Else Was Going On"

House Majority Whip James Clyburn is calling for an inquiry into how rioters at the U.S. Capitol knew where to find his office space.

Joe Madison
In an interview with SiriusXM Radio's Joe Madison, the South Carolina Democrat said Friday that he had never seen such a failure of law enforcement leadership before and suggested "something else is going on here." 

"My office, if you don't know where it is, you aren't going to find it by accident," he said. "The one place where my name is on the door, that office is right on Statuary Hall. They didn't touch that door. But they went into that other place where I do most of my work. They showed up there, harassing my staff."

"How did they know to go there? Why didn't they go where my name was?"  he asked. "Then, where you won't find my name, but they found where I was supposed to be."

"Something else is going on untoward here," he said. "We need to have an extensive investigation to find out."


Clyburn said he supports the men and women of the Capitol Police, but the agency's leaders failed to do their jobs. He also wondered why videos posted on social media appeared to show officers opening barriers and taking selfies with those who made it inside the building. 

"Why were they out there waving people on to the grounds? Why were they allowing people through those doors?" he asked. 

No comments:

Post a Comment