Friday, August 2, 2013

Nashville Radio: Joe Elvis OUT At WRNQ

Joe 'Elvis' King
Joe Elvis has left the building and his PM Drive Show at Clear Channel’s WRNQ.  His departure is believed to be a reduction-in-workforce budget move.

John "Elvis" King had been filling the 3 to 7p air-shift for the past 14-years at the classic rock station.

Nashville has always rocked and that was always fun for me being in a country town playing great rock-and-roll, so that was kind of the fun edge of my job for me," he told Nashville's News 2.

During his long run at the rock-and-roll station, King said he had the opportunity to meet some of the biggest stars in the music business.

"I never thought I would work in radio a day in my life and that's when it usually last forever when you're not looking for it and I got into radio from being a drummer and representing bands from the Mid-South and that was 23 years ago," he said.

King added that he has always enjoyed his time on-air and will miss his devoted fans.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete